Dandruff is a common scalp issue. But luckily, many home remedies can be used for treating and keeping dandruff at bay. Read on to know more.
- Apple cider vinegar- One of the best home remedies for dandruff treatment is using Apple cider vinegar. Just add equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar and rinse your scalp with it at least once a week.
Benefits- Apple cider vinegar is a natural cleanser that helps to unclog hair follicles. Also, it helps to maintain the pH level, which prevents dandruff.
- Coconut and lemon- A concoction of lemon and coconut oil works wonders to remove dandruff. Just apply the mixture by massaging and leave it for about twenty minutes, then wash the hair with water.
Benefits- Lemon is known for its anti-fungal properties, while coconut offers a moisturizing effect to the scalp. The mixture helps to keep dandruff at bay.
- Tea tree oil- A very effective permanent dandruff removal treatment is to use tea tree oil. Use at least six drops of tea tree oil to a cup of your regular oil (like almond or lavender) and massage it on the scalp before washing. Another technique could be to add drops of tea tree oil to the shampoo itself.
Benefits- Tea tree oil helps to keep a check on the scalp oil, thus helping in preventing dandruff.
- Vinegar and olive oil- Another dandruff treatment that is a great home remedy is to use an olive oil and vinegar mixer. Take them in a 1:2 ratio and apply the solution to your scalp for about ten minutes. Then wash it off.
Benefits- olive oil has antioxidant properties which help to fight dandruff built-up. Vinegar helps in increasing the blood circulation of the scalp keeping it healthy.
- Yogurt- Another permanent dandruff removal treatment is yogurt. This kitchen staple, when applied to the scalp, keeps dandruff in the bay. Just steam to open the scalp pores and then let the yogurt sit on it for ten minutes before washing it off.
- Benefits- Yogurt has lactic acid, which fights dandruff. It also contains proteins that help in strengthening the hair follicles.
- Salt- Salt, when mixed with your shampoo, can do wonders for your scalp. It helps to control oil and thus prevents dandruff. Ensure to wash your hair with lukewarm water after leaving the salt shampoo for ten minutes.
Benefits- Salt absorbs the extra oil from the scalp and helps in unclogging the pores, which keeps it clean and dandruff-free.
- Neem- If you are looking for permanent dandruff removal treatment, neem can be your best friend. Use neem water or a neem paste as a mask on your hair at least once a week and see the results.
Benefits- neem has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which keep dandruff in check.
- Aloe Vera- Aloe Vera is another home remedy for treating dandruff. Use it alone or mixed with yogurt and wash it away with water.
Benefits- Aloe vera has cooling and anti-bacterial properties.All these home remedies are very effective and, if used regularly, can bring amazing results for a dandruff-free scalp.